To reward your loyalty to Associa and help you be the best version of yourself, we created Benefits Plus. This program allows you to work on your personal wellbeing by reimbursing you for activities and purchases that enhance you physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The money can be used for everything from gym memberships to charitable donations and everything in between. We want you to be your best and hope these funds help you find ways to stay grounded.
It's a bank of funds, renewed yearly, that gives you the freedom to pursue personal growth through a variety of outlets. And, the longer you're with Associa, the more you can benefit from this program.
We hope you take advantage of Associa Benefits Plus and the opportunity to support your wellbeing.
As a result, we've created Associa Benefits Plus.
- Full-time Associa employees
- Employees become eligible for Benefits Plus on January 1st following your first full year of full-time employment.
- For example, if you were hired on March 3, 2017, your one year anniversary would be on March 3, 2018, and you would become eligible for Benefits Plus on January 1, 2019.
- You can only submit claims for purchases made in the current calendar year.
- The balances do not carry over year to year, so be sure to submit your claims by December 31st of the calendar year. Balances reset on January 1st.
- Timing of reimbursement: You will receive your reimbursement within 2 pay periods (or 30 days) of approval of submission.
- Taxable income: Benefits Plus reimbursements are considered taxable income and will be shown as such on your payroll check.
- You must be employed at Associa at the time of payout.
Benefits Plus reimburses your for qualifying wellbeing programs and products, matches your financial gifts to approved charities, and helps with first-time home purchases. Below are the items and services available for reimbursement. If you have questions on a specific item, please contact the Wellness Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are unable to reimburse for any products or services that can potentially be covered by medical insurance (even if yours doesn't cover it). These include: chiropractic visits, therapy, eye glasses, prescription medicine.
Reimbursable items and services:
- Athletic event registration fees (5K, Marathon, Obstacle Course)
- AthleticsShoes/boots (Sneakers, Cleats, Hiking boots, etc.)
- Books/virtual reading devices
- College and hobby classes (does not have to be within our industry)
- Electric toothbrush/water flosser
- Ergonomic office equipment (chairs, standing desks, etc.)
- Fitness equipment (does NOT include fitness attire)
- Fine arts/baking/hobby supplies
- Gym membership/personal trainer/fitness classes
- Humidifier/air purifier
- Industry conference registration (travel is not eligible)
- Industry designations
- Massage/personal massage devices/acupuncture/float therapy
- Sleep products (foam mattress, pillow, weighted blanket, etc.)
- Smoking cessation products (patches, gum, etc.)
- Specific athletic uniforms and gear (gi fir Jiu Jitsu, scuba suit, etc.)
- Vitamins and supplements
- Wearable fitness tracking devices
- Weight loss programs (Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, etc.)
- Wellness apps (meditation, reading, self-help, music, etc.)
- Zoo/museum/state park/theme park membership
Matching your charitable funds is also a great opportunity to double your support. Your charity must be an approved 501(c)(3) charity through the IRS. To verify that the charity you are requesting matching funds for is an organization eligible for IRS support please click here and search by name or location. Charitable donations are matched and mailed directly to the charity.
Examples: Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Susan G Komen, and Foundation for Nature Conservancy.
You will not be reimbursed for charity donations. Additionally, Associa Cares is not eligible for charitable matches due to conflict of interest and IRS regulation.
First Time Homebuyer:
First-time homebuyers are eligible for a $1,000 reimbursement once you become eligible for Benefits Plus (January 1st following one full year of employment). This is to help the first-time homebuyer with closing costs and other purchasing fees.
- The max reimbursement per year for Benefits Plus is $1,000. First-time homebuyers will not be eligible for further Benefits Plus reimbursements or charitable donation matching for the plan year balance.
- If reimbursements or charitable donation matching were already used in the same plan year, a prorated amount up to the maximum of $1,000 will be provided to the employee with approved submission.
- First-time homebuyer requests must be for the current year the home was purchased. For example, if you purchased the home in 2019, you request must be submitted by 12/31/19.
- Claims for the first-time homebuyer will be denied if receipt of resignation or termination has been received at the time the claim was submitted or during processing. You must close on your home first to receive reimbursement.
- If you and your spouse work for Associa, the program will only pay $1,000 combined under the First-Time Homebuyer Program.
For additional information, please contact us at: email@example.com
To learn more about how you submit your claim, please visit the Associa Intranet here.