Curb appeal, the way a house looks from the street view, can say a lot about a house and the homeowner. It can signify a well-kept home and the pride of ownership. In addition, a well-maintained house and front yard is not only nice to look at, but it’s also inviting and welcoming to both the homeowner and visitors.
Most homeowners understand there is a certain amount of maintenance that must be performed to keep a house in good shape. Regular maintenance to the façade includes regular washing, periodic painting and paint touch ups. But there are a few things homeowners can do to help boost curb appeal over and above the regular maintenance. With these helpful tips and some creative thinking, your house could be the envy of the neighborhood!
- A barren front yard can make a house look dull and plain. Bring life to the front of the house by adding greenery of shrubs and trees.
- Add a splash of color. Consider planting flowers or flowering plants to strategic areas of the front lawn. For example, plant some flowers at the mailbox or in front of the home near the front door to make an inviting entryway. And speaking of the front door, make it special by painting the door in a pleasing, yet eye-catching color.
- Don’t overlook the mailbox. Make sure it is clean and well maintained.
- Using natural stone is a good way to be environmentally friendly while adding curb appeal to a home. Natural stone can visually add interest and texture. Include a natural stone pathway to the front door, a raised flowerbed, or use natural stone to border an island.
- It’s just as important for your house to make a statement when the sun goes down, so outdoor lighting is important. Make sure outdoor lights are strategically placed to create the right setting and to add brightness to the darker areas of your lawn. Solar lighting can be a great choice since the fixtures are easy to install and require very little maintenance. Consider a solar lamppost near the front door to add character and to illuminate the front of the home.
At Gama Sonic, we offer a variety of outdoor lighting options. If we can help, let us know.