You spend ⅓ of your life in bed, so buying new sheets is a big decision. The experts at Parachute, our favorite home essentials brand, are here to help you choose the finest fabric. You’ll be sleeping better than ever soon.
Photos provided by Parachute
You’ve finally decided to invest in new sheets, bravo! Next step: deciding which fabric type suits your needs. Yes, there are multiple types of fabric from which to choose, and it’s time to stop guessing what each will look and feel like.
Parachute offers three signature fabrics: Percale, Sateen and Linen. They’re manufactured by true artisans in Europe’s most renowned mills, and combed with precision to remove all impurities. Parachute’s fabrics are also Oeko-Tex certified, meaning they’re free of synthetics and chemicals and surpass even the highest safety and environmental protection standards. Now here’s how they differ....
Percale: Crisp and Cool
Our Percale weave is made of 100% long-staple Egyptian cotton and comparable to the perfect white button-down: crisp, clean and livable.
- Tightly woven weave: Its weave – one-thread-over-one-thread-under – gives the fabric a matte finish while allowing ultra breathability.
- Stonewashed: Percale is naturally stonewashed to provide a relaxed feel from the first use and becomes even softer as it’s laundered.
- Cool to the touch: Percale fabric is ideal for all seasons but is especially forgiving during the balmy summer months.
Sateen: Lustrous and Luxurious
Also made of 100% long-staple Egyptian cotton, our Sateen, on the other hand, has a fancier vibe.
- Subtle sheen: Its weave – four-threads-over-one-thread-under – gives this material a delicate luster. Sateen is also naturally more wrinkle resistant.
- Silky to the touch: Sateen fabric is ultra smooth against your skin, comfortable any time of the year.
- Double stitch tipping: Designed with our signature double stitch tipping, our Sateen elevates the classic bedding look.
Linen: Casual and Classic
Our Linen captures the fabric’s timeless appeal: simple yet luxurious, milled by artisans in Portugal where the craft is centuries old.
- Casual elegance: Linen is light and airy, suited for year-round use.
- Softened feel: Our garment dyed Linen fabric is naturally softened to provide comfort from the first touch.
- Durable finish: Made of flax, Linen is the strongest and most durable among our fabrics.
Now that you’ve got the 4-1-1 on fabric, it’s time to make a decision: Percale, Sateen or Linen? Shop our bedding collection now.
For more stories to enhance your sleep and inspire your waking moments, visit the Parachute Blog at www.blog.parachutehome.com.
Parachute makes premium quality home essentials to enhance your life. We believe that high quality, smart design and personal comfort shouldn’t cost a fortune – and that above all – you should start and end your day feeling your very best. Discover our bedding and bath collections now. Visit parachutehome.com and join us on social at @parachutehome.