For many, the holidays are the best time to engage and have fun with friends, family, and neighbors. If you’re a community association manager (CAM) or a member of the community management company team, then you have a unique opportunity to spread joy to both potential or existing clients and partners. The following are three ways to celebrate the season and help communities come together safely.
1. Offer a “bundle” of savings.
Gifts are a major part of holidays—everyone loves giving and receiving presents, and community members are no exception. If your management team is capable, consider bundling some gifts for current and potential clients, including:
- Free or discounted community platform access for six months or one year
- Personalized board trainings or new board orientations
- Complimentary community website built through TownSq and training for how to make the most of it
2. Host socially distanced or virtual events.
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the holidays will be a little different this year. While partaking in traditional activities may not be possible, it doesn’t mean you can’t share good tidings in other ways. Get creative and consider hosting socially distanced or virtual events to create community fun, such as:
- Outdoor food truck event
- Best decorated house contest
- Virtual happy hour
- Holiday playlist exchange
- Virtual holiday bingo or trivia
- Drive-through donation drive
3. Get the whole team involved.
Don’t forget to get the management company team members involved. Reaching out to potential or existing clients and partners during the holidays is a great way to show you care, express gratitude, and lift everyone’s spirits. The following are some unique ways your team can engage in the festivities:
- Film and send a team holiday video message
- Take and send a picture of the team dressed up in festive attire or ugly sweaters
- Hold a staff mask decorating contents and encourage residents to vote for their favorite
- Record and distribute a narration of ‘Twas the Night Before (the HOA’s) Christmas by Kelly G. Richardson
More Ways to Make Your Community Merry
Want even more ideas for promoting the holiday spirit in your communities? Check out our blog post, “5 Ways to Spread Holiday Joy in Your Community.” In it, we share five ideas that will bring happiness and cheer to the neighborhood. Just be sure to incorporate necessary safety precautions and add a virtual or socially distanced twist!
About the AuthorMore Content by Jenniffer Harrington