Changes made to the FHA mortgage approval process require that a condominium association be pre-approved by FHA before any mortgages are issued to any potential buyer. This means that if an association is not approved by FHA, a unit owner might lose a sale until the association goes through the approval process. These changes and others make it a good time for condominium associations to consider obtaining FHA approval.
Associa’s SVP of External Affairs, Andrew Fortin, will host a twitter chat to discuss the ins and outs of FHA approval that will address the following questions:
1. What is FHA Condo Approval?
2. Are condo boards required to get FHA Approval?
3. How is FHA approval obtained?
4. What are some qualifications that FHA imposes on condominiums?
5. How can my association get FHA Approval?
Here’s how to participate in Associa’s tweet chat:
- Follow @Associa on Twitter
- Follow #HOAchat on February 18th from 2 p.m.-3 p.m. CST.
- You can also easily join the #HOAchat at com.
To get the latest updates about this tweet chat, follow the event page on Facebook.